Bring Your Group to Faribault!
Faribault is a city full of great experiences. We think visitors are often surprised at the choices available to them in Faribault. Faribault is set along the beautiful Lake Country of southern Minnesota.
The Faribault area serves as a perfect backdrop for a refreshing vacation or group visit. The balance of historic buildings, new retail shops and world renown businesses draw many people to Faribault. There are so many things to see and do in Faribault, we know the experience that awaits you will be a memorable one.
Let us help you plan all the details of your Group Trip at no cost. We can assist with setting up your itinerary, welcome bags, welcome greetings to your group, city tour guide, coupons or just getting you in touch with the right people to make your group feel happy and comfortable when they visit Faribault.
Contact Todd at 507-334-4381.
Sample Itinerary for Faribault, MN
- 9:00am – Tour of the Cathedral of our Merciful Saviour (the first Cathedral in the USA)
- 10:00am – Tour of the Paradise Center for the Arts (Historic Theater and Art Gallery)
- 11:00am – Visit “The Cheese Cave” (Learn and sample blue cheese that is manufactured in the caves of Faribault Dairy)
- 12:00pm – Lunch at the Boston’s – The Gourmet Pizza (More than just Pizza, a lot more! Pasta dishes, traditional sandwiches, soups and desserts. Comfy room just for your group!)
- 1:15pm – Tour the campuses of Shattuck St. Mary’s School and the State Academy for the Deaf (Historic 150 year old campuses)
- 2:45pm – Tour Faribault Woolen Mill Company (Makers of the finest wool blankets in the world, it is the oldest privately owned business in Minnesota.)
Great Places to Bring Your Group in Faribault:
The Faribault Woolen Mill Company has new ownership group and will re-open in August 2011. Tours of the facility should begin again in the Fall of 2011!
The Cheese Cave – A Gourmet Destination offering samples from Faribault Dairy
Paradise Center for the Arts – Beautifully restored local theater with Hollywood genre architecture
Gold Star Manufacturing – Home of the Tilt-A-Whirl offering tours to watch rides being made
Cathedral of Our Merciful Saviour – First Cathedral of the American Episcopal built in 1862
Ivan Whillock Woodcarving Studio – Ivan’s wood sculpture, bronze statues, and reliefs can be found in churches, businesses and private collections around the world.
Alexander Faribault House – One of Minnesota’s first framed wood homes
Shattuck St. Mary’s School – 150 year-old Internationally recognized private prep school
State Academies for the Deaf and Blind – Historic Limestone buildings from 1863, schools still in operation
Sweet Spot Candies – Handmade fudge, exclusive chocolates, hard to find candies and ice-cream!
Donahues Greenhouse - Over 130 varieties of climbing Clematis vines and holiday poinsettas
Historic Downtown – More building on the National Historic Register than any other outstate city
Ableman Apple Creek Orchard – Beautiful Orchard with apples ready for the picking
Faribault Farmers Seed & Nursey – Over 120 year’s of serving America’s gardners.
Faribault has a new walking IPOD tour of the historic downtown – below you can view the segment on the Paradise Theater (formerly known as the Paramount theater). Contact the Chamber for info & map of this historic tour. The Chamber can also provide a step on guide at no charge to take this tour from a bus!